Monday, July 6, 2015

The City Of Pivo

After 16 hours of travel, I finally made it to Prague!

I won't bore you with all the minute details of my time in the clouds, but I was lucky enough to be able to travel with friends from my program. I feel like I already know some of my classmates so well after only meeting them for a few hours.

Once we got off the plane in Prague, we had a van waiting to take us to our dorm. We got our room keys and our transit passes so we would be ready for the weeks to come. We have suite style rooms, which I love because it reminds me of my freshman year living in Race Hall. I unpacked all my stuff and headed to the store for some toiletries with a few other girls. It was fun to wander around the supermarket and see what items differ from the U.S. products. 

After that trip, we came back and had a pizza party with the whole group. They served us pizza with red peppers and it was really fresh and tasty. I wasn't expecting much from the pizza, but Prague outdid itself. 

To wrap up our long day of travel and adjustment, we headed out to a beer garden to check out all the popular beers Prague has to offer. The weather had dropped a bit and it felt amazing to walk through the streets and see all the surrounding buildings and places for the first time. 

On the way, we walked over a bridge with a gorgeous view of the city of Prague. I snapped this picture as the sun was setting.




We also stumbled upon a jungle gym, which we obviously played on for a little while because we are still kids at heart. It was a big contraption with bungee cords and a trampoline right in the middle. Definitely unlike anything I have seen before in America.


To finish off our night, we found a super relaxing beer garden. Pivo means beer in Czech, for all you foreigners. The tables were big and conducive to talking and I was able to bond with my classmates even more. Most importantly, I tried a heavenly grapefruit beer that I know will be a staple for me during my stay in Prague!




All in all, a great first day. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment