Thursday, July 9, 2015

Scavenger Hunt

June 17th was my first day of classes at London College of Fashion (LCF) and I had so much fun. The course of the day was called, "Historical and Contemporary Fashion Research Studies," and it lasted the entire day. Our first class was split up into two sections, and it began with brief power point lectures about London, followed by a short activity. For the activity we got treated to samples of typical English snacks, like Twiglets, Jelly Babies and Jammie Dodgers. 

After the lectures and mini activity we were split up into groups of three to go on a scavenger hunt throughout the city. So far I love how interactive this class is, since it teaches us street smart and real life experiences, rather than just sticking to lectures and readings. We had the opportunity to be adventurous and visit places we've never seen before. Our very first task was to cross the Waterloo Bridge, where we ended up at Southbank Centre. There, we saw so many exciting things, like two giant slides, a hang gliding ride, a skate park filled with colorful graffiti and much more. 



After that we continued on to our next destination, which was Covent Garden. Covent Garden is probably my favorite place I've visited so far, since the architecture was so cute and old fashioned. We stopped by so many little shops with interesting window displays, like Venchi, Whittard and Paperchase. My group tried almost all of the tea samples at a teashop called Whittard. Then I bought a delicious cone of cappuccino and stracciatella gelato at a dessert shop called Venchi. At the end of our exploration we walked back to campus, where LCF treated us with a refreshing cup of champagne. Overall, the day was so fulfilling and I'm so glad that I got to see new parts of London that I haven't seen before.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment