Monday, August 25, 2014

Goodbye London

On Sunday August 31st my time in London will end. As I try to visit all of the amazing places in London that I have missed so far, I know that there is no way I can fit them all in. London is such an amazing city and has so much to offer. There is so many amazing sites like the view from the restaurant Duck and Waffle on the 40th floor of the Heron tower that is open 24hours. Or the view from the Shard on the 52nd floors rooftop bar. Or the view from the London Eye that looks over all of London. There are so many places to visit and see that it would takes years to see it all and experience the true love that London has to offer.

I have a full agenda for the upcoming week. I plan to visit Abbey Road where the eleventh Beatles album cover was shot. I also plan to visit the Shard to see the beautiful nighttime view of London from the 52nd floor bar. I also plan to visit the markets one more time and get presents for my friends and family. There are so many things to see and do in London and I wish I could fit them all in but with only one week left I have to keep the list short and leave time for packing!

After studying at the London College of Fashion and studying with Anne for a two week intensive course, I have now spent about 11 weeks in London and have truly had the most amazing summer. I could not have asked for a better experience and I would do it all over again without a doubt. The experiences you get studying abroad you will never get anywhere else, even when just traveling abroad with your friends or family. You get a chance to learn from new and amazing people and meet people from all over the world. Not to mention it is a great conversation starter when applying to jobs and Co-Op's, you will have so much to talk about. I would recommend studying abroad to anyone I meet, and not just in London but truly anywhere.

I truly have fallen in love with London and will always remember the amazing summer I spent here. Traveling to London has made me fall in love with traveling in general and has inspired me to go to new places and try new things. There are so many places in the world and so many amazing things to see and this trip to London has showed me that. I can't wait to travel to as many places as possible and take advantage of the people and places that are out there that I don't know yet and have not seen yet.
Goodbye London! 

No comments:

Post a Comment