Thursday, August 28, 2014

Food in Paris

Aside from its beautiful sights, Paris is recognized for its food. Within the five days I spent in Paris, I experienced the hype for its amazing food.  My friends and family all know that I am a very picky eater, and I admit that I have high standards for my food. In London, I was disappointed quite a few times with my food. However, I am proud to say that for every single meal I had within the five days I spent Paris, I was very impressed.

Everyday in Paris I started my day off with a visit to a local bakery near my hotel. I had amazing croissants and baguettes. My first dinner in Paris was at a random Italian restaurant that my friends and I picked for convenience reasons. I was not expecting anything amazing and I ordered the penne pasta. The pasta was probably one of the best pastas I have ever had, and I knew from that moment that Paris is indeed the culinary capital.


While in Paris, I visited the famous Laudree and had afternoon coffee and macaroons. The macaroons were of course amazing as they melted in my mouth. Also, the interior of Laudree was beautiful and I felt like a royal person while I dinned inside.


I also had the most amazing pizza in Paris, again at an ordinary restaurant. I cannot imagine how the pizzas would taste like in Italy. At the Basicalls de Sacre Coeur, my tutor took us to the “best crepery in Paris,” she was right; the crepes were breathtaking. After getting crepes, I got the most delicious beef stew at a restaurant on the mountain.

I will never forget my last meal in Paris. I had just gotten back from an exhausting day in Versailles and I was starving. I had went back to the hotel and I only had one hour before I had to leave to catch my train back to London.  My friend and I decided to go to a restaurant across the street from the hotel. It was dinnertime and the restaurant was empty. Once again, I was expecting a mediocre meal. The owner of the restaurant suggested the steak and that was what I ordered.  I am very particular about my steak and I must say that it was the BEST steak I have ever had in my life. That meal was the best way to end my Paris trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment