Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Weekend in Barcelona

This past weekend I went to Barcelona with my friends! We got in late on Friday night and were surprised by how much of a ghost town Barcelona was. We expected a ton of people to be out and on the streets but it was so quiet and no one was out. Apparently everyone in Barcelona goes on holiday during the end of August. So not many stores or restaurants were open. The following day we found out it was a Catholic holiday so there wasn’t much open due to the holiday. Luckily the tourist attractions were open. We went to the famous church called, Sagrada Familia. The construction began in 1882 and the church will not be completed until 2026! The church is absolutely exquisite with incredible detail and an art deco vibe. I cannot believe it’s taken so long to complete the church but seeing it close up I can understand why it’s taken so long.



After going to the Sagrada Familia, we had lunch. We had lots of yummy tapas and a pitcher of sangria. We also had seafood paella, which was incredible! I’m so happy we got good authentic Spanish paella. After lunch we went to the Parc Guell, which is the famous park in Barcelona. I’ve always wanted to go so I was very excited! The park is huge and beautiful! The mosaic wall is stunning and has an amazing view of Barcelona. We took lots of pictures! We were lucky because it was very sunny when we took pictures but twenty-minutes later is started to rain. We took cover under the rocks built into the hill. The park definitely lived up to what I imagined!  





That night we went to a fun nightclub called Opium, which was on the beach. The club was so fun! We were told it was the best club in Barcelona and it definitely lived up to the hype. The following day we spent the whole day at the beach. It was perfect sunny weather at 85 degrees. I haven’t been to the beach all summer and have no tan so we were all very excited to get some color. The beach is beautiful and the water is crystal blue. The water was also so warm! I got a little bit of color and hope to get more color this weekend when we got to the Amalfi Coast! I’m so excited! It’s one of my favorite places in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment