Thursday, August 20, 2015

Let's Go Take a Bath

After traveling the Europe for a few months, I think I have finally decided what my favorite city is.  So far, my favorite is Bath. I was only there for a day, but the things I did there in a matter of ten hours was absolutely perfect. The first thing we did when we arrived in Bath was go to the Thermae Bath Spa. This spa is one of the main reasons why Bath is such an amazing place to go to. Here my girlfriends and I got to take a two hour soak in their natural hot springs and enjoy their scent infused saunas. One of the springs was located on the rooftop of the building. The view from the pool was so beautiful. My breathe was taken.


Next, the girls and I went to afternoon tea in Jane Austen's House. Yes, you read right. JANE AUSTEN's HOUSE!! If you do not know who she is, you do not know what love is. Having tea here was great. The food was amazing. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not like sandwiches; however, I loved the finger sandwiches they gave us. They were so favorable and paired perfectly with my jasmine green tea. 


 After tea we needed to walk off our very full bellies. The city is very small, so it was very easy to get around and see everything. Bath may be one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen with all of its Roman inspired architecture and greenery. We visited the Ancient Roman Baths and the Cathedral as well.



 Anyone who is studying abroad must go to Bath. All you need is one day to enjoy this breathtaking city. I highly recommend it.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! This seems like an absolutely amazing place. I am so jealous you were able to visit Bath. The Jane Austen house looks fantastic; she is one of my favorite authors! Also, the bath spa looks so gorgeous. I'm glad you had such a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't get a chance to go to Bath! While I had heard good things we never seemed to plan a day trip but now I feel like I need to plan a last minute trip for my last few days here! Jane Austen's house looks so beautiful and the spa sounds amazing! After all the traveling and sleeping sitting in an airplane I've been doing I'm in need of a good spa day. So glad you found your favorite city!

    ReplyDelete