Sunday, August 4, 2013

One Week To Go!


My month in Prague is slowly coming to an end.  I have about one week left before the program ends, and with that said, I am trying to tie up any loose ends that I may have here in the Czech Republic.  I am finishing my shopping for friends and family, completing the final assignments for my courses, and going to the last places I want to see.  This week I ventured to the Jewish Quarter in Prague, a section in the city where the Jewish community was forced to live. A gem of the Jewish Quarter is the Spanish Synagogue.  It is a small yet amazing synagogue that has survived in almost perfect condition.  It is all hand painted and contains documents of people and events related to the building.

The Spanish Synagogue in the Jewish Quarter.

This week we also had a tour of the Muller Villa, the former residence of a successful businessman.  The villa was beautifully done in the cubist style and our tour guide was extremely informative and welcoming.

No pictures were allowed inside the villa so this is the view from the balcony!

My last weekend abroad will not be spent in Prague, but in Amsterdam!  I am travelling with eight other students for a two-day stay. We plan to check out the Anne Frank House, the Van Gogh Museum and the Heineken Brewery.  I am sure we will explore as much as we can and will have a great time in the Netherlands!

No comments:

Post a Comment