Saturday, August 31, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Since my program in Florence was 6 weeks long, that left me with 5 weeks to spend at home in Boston with my family.  I easily could've spent 10+ weeks in Italy, but I'm glad that I've had time to relax and collect myself before heading back to Drexel for senior year.  Boston is such a great city, and I've been having a lot of fun taking advantage of everything that the city has to offer.

As great as Boston is, I miss Florence and Italy everyday.  I miss the people, culture, art, and food, of course.  It is such a different lifestyle there - everyone is on their own time, life isn't rushed, and they really enjoy every moment with their family and friends.  I wish we could adapt a bit of that lifestyle, but I'll have to wait until I'm old and retired.  I can't wait to return to Italy, and I hope that I get the opportunity to do so very soon!  I'm going to try my best to keep up my Italian language in the meantime.

I wish everyone a wonderful few weeks before heading back to Drexel!

Ciao,
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment