Thursday, July 11, 2013

We Made It!


It is official!  I have arrived in Prague and love it!  I got in on Tuesday morning and have been on the move ever since.  On our first day, we took a short tour of the area with local Czech students and later went out to dinner with them.  We went to a place called “The Pub” for dinner. I assume it takes such a bold name because it is deeply rooted in the beer culture of the Czech Republic.  “The Pub” consists of a bar, large tables with benches, and self serve beer on tap at every table.  You can pour your own beer and keep your tab at your table.  It is very interesting to see the pride the Czechs take in their ability to consume beer, and they enjoy their local draft beer rather than drinking imported beer from a bottle or can.
Czech students and Drexel students at "The Pub".

Yesterday we had a city tour, which was amazing.  Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and lived through a lot of the history he was teaching us.  He also was in particularly great shape and took us all over the city!
Our amazing tour guide at a one of a kind Cubist landmark!


Yesterday we had an orientation with our professors and today we began classes.  It seems like taking classes here will be very exciting just because there is so much in the city to learn about.  I am taking an intro to photography class and an art and design history class.  I am particularly excited to get to know how to use my fancy camera and to come home with great pictures!  Once I figure it out I will post some to show my progress!  It also is exciting to know that my art and design class will be visiting numerous locations, galleries, and museums as part of the class.  Basically, I am just happy to be here with the opportunity to soak up the cultural experience!
Danielle and I representing the States in the Czech Lands!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in photo class! It's going to be so much fun, especially because you have the whole city as a subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pretty different experience the first night out for dinner but The Pub sounds fun. We ate at an outdoor restaurant and it was very relaxed, with plenty of dogs!

    ReplyDelete