Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Half Way

Hi everyone,

I can't believe we are half way through the program. (For us in Prague, at least) Last weekend (July 20th-21st), some people went on an organized weekend excursion. I opted to stay in Praha, however. I'm very glad I decided to stay because the weekend here turned out to be great!

Saturday we started the day with doing laundry; a task I was dreading that went surprisingly well. From there we headed up to Prague Castle. I was very much looking to this trip and boy did it meet expectations. The view from the top was absolutely breathtaking and it was one of those moments when you realize that in America, not much can compare. The cathedral at Prague Castle, St. Vitus, was truly stunning as well. I've seen many a churches throughout Europe and I've got to say, they start to look the same, but St. Vitus really amazed me. Definitely one of my top 5 favorite.




Sunday was a nice day as well. We headed to the Zoo, because who doesn't like a good day at the zoo? It was definitely fun to see all the animals and spend a day feeling like a kid. Below are a few of my favorite animals we saw :)


                                    



Monday was mid term presentations in Art History class--yea, we are already at mid terms. Did i mention I can't believe we are half way through the program? Anyway, they went well and today (tuesday) in History class, we went to the Staropramen brewery. Only in the Czech Republic can you have a beer with your class at 10am. I've said this before, but I'm really happy with the classes I ended up in. The teachers are great, the material is interesting, and the almost daily field trips are a great way to learn!

In other news: Off to Rome on Thursday! Seriously excited. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week (& survives the heat--it's worse in Philly, though, right?!).

3 comments:

  1. Your study abroad experience sounds like so much fun! I went to Prague with my high school a few years ago but I wasn't able to see much so I am extremely jealous you got to see the Prague Castle. I also went to the zoo when I was in Europe- always seems to feel like home since most zoo's are relatively similar. I love that you had pictures in this post - a great way for everyone to daydream a little about Prague.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! Yes, this experience is amazing and i'm loving every part of it. You're right, the zoo does have a feeling of comfort associated with it. Hope you're enjoying your summer!

      Delete
  2. The Zoo looks so much fun! I really wish I was able to get to Prague. St. Vitus looks incredible too, so glad you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete