Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Paris

 Before traveling to Paris for five days, I asked a few of my friends who had already visited the city what it was like.  I was surprised when I heard nothing but bad things and that it was a let down.  All the negative responses lowered my expectations tremendously, but when I got there, I was surprised by how beautiful it was.  Down the street from our hotel was a quintessential French bakery where locals went regularly to purchase baguettes and various pastries.  The buildings that lines the streets were exactly what I picture when I think of Paris: white buildings with ornate wrought iron railings.

From the moment we left the train we took underneath the English Channel to Paris, our schedule was packed with a mix of touristy and genuinely Parisian activities.  Over the course of the week we took a boat ride on the Seine River, saw the Eiffel Tower, saw the Dries Van Noten Exhibition, ate crêpes, and so much more!  We even got to sample a huge variety of French cheeses.  One day we walked by the Louvre, but didn’t have time to go in.  However, we got to see the original Chanel store and go inside.  My favorite destination during our stay was the Palace of Versailles.  It was incredible to see the ornately decorated rooms where Marie Antoinette lived.  I truly loved my experience in Paris and that I’ll be able to return someday soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment