Monday, July 21, 2014

Paris, The City of Love and Lights.

Paris, the city of love. Included in our trip and stay at the London College of Fashion, is a 5 day stay in Paris. During the trip Basia, the study abroad director at London College of Fashion, showed us all around London. We went on a boat tour to see all of the amazing tourist sights in Paris. We visited the flagship Chanel store where Karl Lagerfeld is spotted more often then one would think. We visited many markets to find little treasures and food unique and exclusive to Paris. We visited Versailles, and Notre Dame, and the Dries Van Noten exhibit which was so remarkable and inspiring. We of course saw the Eiffel Tower and explored the Louvre, and my all time favorite part of the entire trip was the view from the Basilica of the Sacré Cœur. This experience was one that I will never forget. Climbing up the hundreds of steps to the beautiful Church and seeing the amazing view of the entire city of Paris was absolutely breathtaking. We also went during sunset, which made the experience that much better. This is the moment that I truly fell in love with the beauty of Paris.
Basilica of the Sacré Cœur. 

Basilica of the Sacré Cœur. 



I also visited the Eiffel tower and had the opportunity to travel up into the Eiffel Tower and see the view of Paris at night. Every hour on the hour for the first ten minutes the Eiffel Tower sparkles and lights up the entire sky. People all around it get so excited and run to take pictures. It brings people together to share the same love of lights, design, and the beauty of the architecture. The happiness that surround the Eiffel Tower is contagious and something that can only be felt when experiencing it for yourself.
View from the Eiffel Tower. 

Sparkling of the Eiffel Tower. 



I also had the opportunity to eat macaroons at Laudree. Laudree is a famous macaroon place with the most amazing desserts and sweets. I have never had a macaroon before this but I fell in love.







I will say that after the 5 days concluded, I was entirely ready to get back to London and my own flat. Although Paris is beautiful and the sights are breathtaking, it is London that I call my home. Paris is an amazing place but London has captured my interest and has grown to have a deeper connection with me.






"The best of America drifts to Paris. The American in Paris is the best American." F. Scott Fitzgerald. 

No comments:

Post a Comment