Tuesday, September 1, 2015

It's All Greek to Me

These past three months in London has flown by. I feel like it was just yesterday when I first arrived and was excited but slightly nervous for my European summer adventure. I was very fortunate and got to travel to Paris, Prague, Amsterdam, Barcelona and the Amalfi Coast. Now I’m also currently in Mykonos with my boyfriend and our friends. This past summer was amazing and one I will truly never forget. I got to experience different cultures, try different foods and attempt at speaking different languages. I also learned a lot from my classes at London College of Fashion. I had incredible teachers who were extremely knowledgable. I have so many incredible memories. It was absolutely an unforgettable summer.

Now I’m in Mykonos and it’s absolutely beautiful! We’re staying in a villa that we found on Airbnb. The villa is absolutely beautiful! It’s in a secluded area and has a pool with a stunning view of the ocean. It’s so relaxing. I never want to leave.



We’ve been lounging at our villa most days but went to the beach beneath us. It’s only a seven-minute walk. On the walk down there are horses grazing in the field. There are also goats and horses randomly throughout the island. The island is so rocking and hilly. James rented a Jeep Wrangler and driving in it has been giving me anxiety. The roads are so narrow with lots of twists and turns. Plus everyone drives fast around the sharp turn, which is terrifying. We’re getting used to driving around the area and I’m learning my way around.




The food has been incredible! I’m 100% Greek and used to eating lots of Greek cuisine. Nothing compares to the food here. It’s so fresh. We’ve been eating fish every night. They bring fish to our table and we choose which one we want to eat. The Greek salads and feta is also unreal! If you’re Greek and don’t like feta then something is wrong with you. It’s the best cheese ever in my opinion! My boyfriend is Greek as well so we love eating Greek food. Last night we want to a bar called Astra. The inside had lights that looked like sparkling stars. It was a rowdy and fun night. We have six more days here. The rest of our friends are joining us tomorrow night. I’m absolutely loving Mykonos and never want to leave.  


1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of your trip to Greece! My sister was lucky enough to travel there a couple of years ago, and I loved hearing about all of the sights she was able to see and the food she was able to eat. I would be absolutely terrified to drive there! It seems like Europeans are more relaxed about driving because I noticed the same driving style in Italy. I hope you enjoy a lot more feta cheese during the rest of your trip- I can only imaging how incredible it is! :)

    ReplyDelete