Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lovely Places to Go



Amazing shops and eateries are to be found throughout Dublin. As you can imagine I have only nearly begun to uncover these lovely places. My favorites so far includes a café called The Lime Tree Café, located on the North Side of the Liffy, by Kilmainham Gaol--- which is a must see all on its own. The café has such a warm house feel, serving a variety of sandwiches, soups, and freshly brewed coffee and teas. The service was wonderful and all the ladies working spoke with such delight when welcoming you.
Om Diva, George's Street Arcade
The South side has quite a large selection of shopping options. Whether or not you fancy more of the mainstream well-trafficked shops such as River Island, BT2, Topshop, and Dunnes… or rather love to meander through small boutiques such as Carousel, Costume, and Smock… or sift through awesome second hand shops such as Oxfam and Harlequin, the South side is the place to go! So far Om Diva has been one of my personal favorites. Located right outside of George’s Street Arcade, this store offers the best of all words. On the bottom level you will find consignment items, all second hand finds needing an even better home the second time around! The main level offers cute reasonably priced less known brands, offering both accessories and clothing on uniquely beaded hangers. Upstairs, I could hang out for hours upstairs, the walls were decorated with original sketches and photographs. This is the home to the designer pieces, each more special then the last! You can find intricate headwear as well is asymmetrical designs and homemade jewelry. Needless to say I have gone back multiple times!
Riverdance was just one of the many highlights of my trip here in Dublin! The Gaiety Theatre is beautiful, I felt at home there! As a dancer, I was so excited to experience the show and note the differences and similarities of the Irish production in relation to my own experience. Although the show was not exactly what I had anticipated, I enjoyed it non-the less. My hesitation came from the differences in production from that of Broadway shows. To my surprise, there were an immense amount of differences. The lighting and sound were definitely to note, as well as the simplicity of transitions. The dancing was impressive and the dancers percussion was spot on! But there was a lack of professionalism that was apparent, for anyone who hasn’t already, I would say that you need to go see a show on Broadway!!  Overall it was an amazing experience, and something I wouldn’t have left the country without seeing.


Inside Om Diva


No comments:

Post a Comment